Please note these important instructions:
All dogs must be collared, leashed and under your control prior to exiting your vehicle.
For your safety, do not enter gated area until instructed to enter by staff.
- Kent County K-Nine offers Overnight Boarding for travelers going on vacation, as well as long and short term stays.
- Dog Daycare is available Monday to Friday for those who work all day and want their dog to be exercised and cared for during the day.
- Your Dog is our Special Guest. We strive to make your K9’s stay with us, a healthy, happy experience.
- We live on the property, therefore we are able to provide round the clock care for your pet.
- Kennels are climate controlled for the comfort of your pet.
- Each dog has an individual indoor run.
- Three kennel sizes to choose from depending on availability.
- Privacy barrier between each kennel to eliminate barking, fence fighting, and to ensure the safety of each guest.
- Music is provided for all pets to help alleviate the stress of being away from home.
- Dogs sharing a kennel (Max 3) are recommended to be on the same food. They must be able to eat together without supervision and comfortably have enough space. If not, you will need to schedule a kennel for each dog separately. We do not separate or stand and supervise for feeding.
- We provide daily walks and exercise for your dog at no extra cost.
- Outside time and exercise is provided regardless of the weather.
- There will be “no socializing” among guests unless they are from the same household and they are able to play together. This ensures the safety and well being of all our guests.
- WE ARE A NON-SOCIAL FACILITY.
What To Bring
- You may bring a Special Toy and Special Treats. Rope toys are not permitted.
- We also recommend that you bring one of your own personal articles (shirt, scarf, blanket) with your scent on it. This will help to alleviate some of the stress and anxiety for your dog. Please note: We are not responsible if your pet, in any way, destroys a personal item brought from home.
- We welcome Raw Fed dogs.
- All dry food must be placed in sealed hard plastic containers, NO BAGS, with your dog’s name clearly marked on the container.
- Please bring a few days worth of extra food in the event that your arrival plans are delayed.
- Should your pet require medication during their stay, medications must be in original containers with the pet’s name and veterinarian information.
- Medication will only be administered as per veterinarian instructions on the container.
- No extra cost for administering medications.
- Injection medications of any kind are not permitted.
- Vitamins or supplements must also be in original container otherwise will not be given.
Pick Up/Drop Off
- Pick up and Drop off times are by appointment only.
- Please be on time for your scheduled appointment.
- If you are delayed for any reason, you must contact us and let us know.
- Allow yourself extra time when dropping off your K9. If you are rushed, this will cause added stress for your pet.
- In the event of multiple people arriving at the same time or other vehicles already at the facility upon your arrival, wait for staff to come get you. Please wait your turn.
Please note the following:
- We reserve the right to cancel or refuse our services if your pet appears to be ill, has expired vaccinations, unfit for boarding due to age, injury or temperament, or has had vaccinations administered 7 days prior to drop off. We must ensure the safety and well being of all our guests and staff members.
Please read our Boarding Requirements.